5.5 ACRE RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT SITE FOR SALE
The images are artists impressions only designed to show the potential for new build housing at Greenholme once developed.
A 5.5 acre site comprising a Grade II Listed former steading consisting of derelict farm outbuildings surrounded by wild landscaped agricultural land in a greenfield setting.
Mature woodland trees occupy the north and eastern boundaries overhanging a small beck. Elsewhere the land undulates only slightly bordering the A69 to the north and Peacock Lonning to the south.
A private road, built for construction vehicles, to become the principal access following completion has already been constructed and passes through the site on a north/south axis.
Planning Permission has been approved and implemented by the current vendor (Ref: 16/1061) Consent currently exists for a total of 15 dwellings comprising a mix of 10 large 4/5 bedroom new build detached houses, positioned to the south of the site, with separate 5 unit listed building conversion.
Opportunity with planning permission implemented and all precedent conditions satisfied the site is presented ready for immediate development.
An opportunity exists to:-
- Create something different, a statement and a legacy.
- Exploit the availability of open space at the site.
- Create a natural sustainable environment and rural ideal but in a conveniently situated location.
- Emphasise the connection between indoors and outdoors and showcase the full aspect of the surrounding rural countryside and fells by maximising light and space.
- To synthesize different building components and textures morphing modern and traditional materials to achieve a strong architectural design.
- To increase the existing number of new build dwellings and re-submit planning for an alternative scheme comprising multiple units of differing type and design.
- To obtain consent for the removal of the live/work conditions on the 2 listed building refurbishment units and achieve a fully open market site.
- Alternatively, to build out a less intensive, reduced density scheme creating larger plot sizes incorporating more of the common external grounds.
Mains electricity and water are available to the site, subject to reconnection where necessary. Surface water drainage is dealt with on site. No SUDS or soakaways are required. The site benefits from drainage directly into the natural ditches along the eastern and southern boundaries.
A sewage treatment plant is required. There is no mains drainage connection to the site.
Mains gas connection is available to Peacock Lonning opposite the entrance into the site.
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the relevant utility service providers to satisfy themselves with regard to the provision of services.
Freehold with full vacant possession.
Offers are invited to purchase the freehold interest in the site with the benefit of full planning. The following points are relevant:-
- Planning permission has been instigated
- All planning conditions have been satisfied
- All surveys and reports have been commissioned and completed
Unconditional offers are invited and must be forwarded to the selling agents by no later date than Friday 14 December 2018 at 12 noon.
Consideration may be given to conditional offers, subject to planning, however our client reserves the right to assess the viability and likelihood of gaining planning approval within a reasonable timescale. If this cannot be achieved then the offer will be dismissed.
The vendor is not required to accept the best or highest offer.
The site can be viewed from the roadside. Direct access into the site is via prior appointment with the sole selling agent. Anyone entering the site unauthorised does so at their own risk and the vendor and selling agent accept no responsibility for this.
From the M6, Junction 43, exit the roundabout and head east on the A69 signposted Hexham and Newcastle. After approximately 4 miles you will pass through the village of Warwick Bridge. This leads into Corby Hill. There is a Coop and BP petrol filling station on the right hand side. Keep straight ahead passing through the traffic lights heading towards Brampton. Take the first exit after the traffic lights in approximately ¼ mile onto Peacock Lonning. The entrance to the site is on the left hand side after approximately 200m.